Affordable Home server HP MediaSmart Server LX195

HP Mediasmart Server LX195 is well designed to accommodate your needs to home server. Basically, I really like the ability to use this server to remotely access files at home from work. It was also very valuable when I had to send someone a really large file, and just sent them a login I created specifically for them to my server to download the file. My only complaint is that my printer does not have a Windows Server 2003 driver available, so I can't set it up to be shared and essentially wireless from my laptop.
This one is very cool and quiet, it sits under my desk and I hardly know its there. Product functions as advertised and can be very easy to setup. I had a small installation issue with the software, and a call to HP was handled promptly and accurately. I have used the product for a week and enjoy the automation and security the software offers. I added a 2GB RAM upgrade easily and the results were great. Nice small hardware footprint, and low power use.

General Specs:
Operating system:Microsoft Windows Home Server
Processor:Intel 1.6 GHZ Atom Processor 230
Memory: 1GB DDR2 DRAM
Included drive capacity:(1 X 640 GB) SATA 7200 RPM
Drive bays: 1 drive bay (0 available)
Ports: (4) USB 2.0 ports
Dimensions:4" x 8" x 8"

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Powered by Blogger